Let us transport you back to the Golden Age of France with an entire day to discover the Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s gardens and the Trianons which includes Marie Antoinette’s private Hamlet.
You will be guaranteed fast-track entry, allowing you to jump the queue and travel in comfort on one of our fully air-conditioned coaches. You will marvel at the breathtaking royal chateau, transformed by the ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV in the 1660s from a hunting lodge. Playground of the French monarchs, Versailles was the centre of royal and political power until the French Revolution in 1789 which saw Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette forced to return to the capital.
Your audio guide will enable you to discover the State apartments of the King and Queen, the Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, the epitome of French opulence: three hundred and fifty-seven mirrors line the gold-adorned hall and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling.
You will also have free time to explore the famous gardens à la française ; a 2,000 acre park designed by André le Notre with its magnificent groves, statues, and fountains. The grounds of Versailles boast two smaller, but equally beautiful palaces which are also well worth a visit.
The Grand Trianon was built for King Louis XIV to enjoy with his mistres Madame de Montespan and later by Napoleon Bonaparte and Empress Marie-Louise. The elegant, single-storey palace with pink marble radiates cosiness, sweetness and grandeur all at once.
The Petit Trianon, a small chateau in the grounds of Versailles used by Marie Antoinette for festivities and to escape the overwhelming court etiquette. You will also discover the Queen’s Hamlet, a stylised Norman village and farm built for Marie Antoinette where she retreated with her closest friends to enjoy an intimately rustic life. Completed just a few years before the Revolution, the Hamlet remains a testiment to the Queen’s desire for a simpler life over the cold marble vaults of the main palace.
The "Musical Gardens" show takes place on:
- Tuesdays from April 7th 2020 through to May 12th 2020, as well as Tuesdays from June 30th through to October 27th 2020 (EXCEPT Tuesday July 14th 2020). Fridays from April 3rd through October 30th 2020 (EXCEPT Friday, April 10th 2020 and Friday May 8th 2020). During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to enjoy the show.
The "Musical Fountains" show takes place on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from April 4th 2020 through November 1st 2020, as well as some Public Holidays (May 8th, May 21th, July 14th 2020) + Friday, April 10th 2020 and Tuesdays from May 19th through June 23rd 2020. During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to see the fountains and groves spring to life to the rhythm of the music.
- Full-day trip to Versailles from Paris
- Get skip-the-line access
- See the palaces and grounds with a self-guided audio tour
- Visit Marie Antoinette's 'hamlet'
- Pickup from a centrally-located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
The price includes:
- Transport to and from Paris by air-conditioned coach
- Hostess in coach
- Skip the line entrance into the Palace (Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Apartment, State Apartments)
- Individual audioguide in the palace available in: English, French,
German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Polish
and Mandarin Chinese
- Access to the Gardens (Even during Water Fountain Show)
- Access to the Trianons and the Queen's Hamlet
The price does not includes:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Paris TRIP Store - 41, Avenue de la Bourdonnais 75007 PARIS
- Please arrive at the meet up location at least 15 minutes prior to the trip departure time.
For latecomers, the tour will not be canceled and no refunds will be issued