The palace and gardens of Versailles count among the most prestigious monuments of the world’s artistic heritage, and are certainly the finest and most complete achievement of 17th century French art. During this full-day tour you will see the best that Versailles has to offer without having to wait in line.
We will take you back to the Golden Age of France to the former residence of the ‘Sun King’ Louis XIV; a sumptuous royal palace which was home to three of France’s most illustrious Kings for over 100 years. The tour of the palace includes the State Apartments of the King and Queen, Royal Chapel and Hall of Mirrors, a richly decorated gallery which boasts 357 mirrors, french bay windows and crystal chandeliers.
After having been dazzled by the splendours of the chateau you will discover the famous gardens à la française ; a 2,000 acre park designed by André le Notre with its magnificent groves, statues, and fountains. Beyond the formal gardens arranged in the Petit parc (185 acres), the extensive Grand Parc provides opportunities for pleasant strolls or long walks.
Savour your 3 course lunch in the “La Flotille” restaurant located at the foot of the Grand Canal, a majestic setting which allows you to appreciate the beauty of the estate.
After lunch your guide will take you to the Petit Trianon, a small chateau in the grounds of Versailles used by Marie Antoinette for festivities and to escape the overwhelming court etiquette. You will also discover the Queen’s Hamlet, a stylised Norman village and farm built for Marie Antoinette where she retreated with her closest friends to enjoy an intimately rustic life. Completed just a few years before the Revolution, the Hamlet remains a testiment to the Queen’s desire for a simpler life over the cold marble vaults of the main palace.
The "Musical Gardens" show takes place on:
- Tuesdays from April 7th 2020 through to May 12th 2020, as well as Tuesdays from June 30th through to October 27th 2020 (EXCEPT Tuesday July 14th 2020). Fridays from April 3rd through October 30th 2020 (EXCEPT Friday, April 10th 2020 and Friday May 8th 2020). During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to enjoy the show.
The "Musical Fountains" show takes place on:
- Saturdays and Sundays from April 4th 2020 through November 1st 2020, as well as some Public Holidays (May 8th, May 21th, July 14th 2020) + Friday, April 10th 2020 and Tuesdays from May 19th through June 23rd 2020. During that period, the access to the gardens will also be included to see the fountains and groves spring to life to the rhythm of the music.
- Full-day trip to Versailles from Paris with an expert local guide
- Enjoy fast-track entrance to the Palace of Versailles with your skip-the-line ticket
- Tour the State Apartments and gaze in awe at the Hall of Mirrors
- Explore Versailles Gardens at leisure
- Relax over a 3-course lunch in a restaurant near the Grand Canal
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Grand Trianon and the Queen’s Hamlet
The price includes:
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Skip-the-line ticket admissions the Palace of Versailles
- Live guiding in the Chateau
The price does not includes:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Paris TRIP Store - 41, Avenue de la Bourdonnais 75007 PARIS
- Please arrive at the meet up location at least 15 minutes prior to the trip departure time.
For latecomers, the tour will not be canceled and no refunds will be issued