Take a walk through one of the most important episodes in modern history. With your driver-guide you will travel to the Normandy beaches in an air-conditioned minibus*. Once you arrive in Normandy, you will stop at “The Pointe du Hoc”, 90 feet high cliffs between Omaha and Utah beaches where 225 Rangers landed on the morning of June 6, 1944. It was one of the strong points of the German fortifications, and your guide will give you some time to soak in the atmosphere of this iconic location.
You will visit the Colleville sur Mer American Cemetery which overlooks Omaha Beach. The 170 acre site contains 9,000 perfectly aligned white crosses and a memorial chapel which adds the finishing touches to this moving scene, allowing visitors to reflect on the price of war. It is also an opportunity for you to go in search of your own history as many of us have relatives or friends who fought and fell in this conflict.
Other World War Two locations that you will see are Arromanches with its vestiges of the artificial harbour (Mulberry Bridge), Longues-sur-Mer and the German artillery battery, which gave the allies a pounding on the morning of 6th June. It is actually the only coastal battery to have kept its guns, giving an impressive picture of what an atlantic wall gun emplacement was really like. At the end of your day you will be given free time to explore the Caen Peace Memorial, a place for contemplating war in general and why it is important not to forget the legacy of the Second World War.
- Visit to Normandy D-Day battle sites and landing beaches from Paris
- Visit The Point du Hoc, a German fortification strong point before D-Day
- See the American Cemetery and Omaha Beach
- Step back in time on a history tour, and learn about the events of June 6, 1944
- Instant Confirmation
The price includes:
- Admission ticket to Overlord Museum
- Transport by air-conditioned Vehicle
The price does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
COVID-19: Preventive Measures Implemented
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Please make sure to meet us in front of the "Apple Store - Champs-Elysees"
114, Avenue des Champs-Elysées 75008 Paris
- Please arrive at the meet-up location at least 10 minutes prior to the trip departure time.
For latecomers, the tour will not be canceled and no refunds will be issued